We're proud to be sponsors of the Midwest CSA conference in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, January 10th & 11th. This is the only conference that I know of to focus specifically on CSA and I'm excited to be a part of it!
If you are going to there, be sure to stop by our table and say hi!
There is a great line-up of topics:
- Is CSA Right for Me? Things to Consider for Starting a CSA.
- Production Basics for Beginners - Key systems that CSA farmers have in place to ensure production.
- Filling your box: Figuring out how to plan, provide and price a full season of CSA shares.
- Pick-up Site Logistics - Lessons from on-farm, farmer's market, workplace, and neighborhood pickup sites.
- Planting to packing - On-farm logistics, efficiencies, tricks, and equipment to get the work done and the boxes filled.
- What's in your box: A moderated round-table discussion of farmers of various sizes about what and how much and how often some common items are in their boxes.
- Mulch systems and weed control for CSA farms.
- Member involvement-Best practices from farm events, field days, and celebrations.
- Incorporating low-income members in your CSA farm - Recipes for success.
- Communicating with members, Websites, newsletters, social media, and blogs.
- Guerilla Marketing your CSA business.
- Measuring the financial success of your CSA I: What indicators should you measure to understand if your CSA's is heading toward the point of profitability?
- Measuring the financial success of your CSA II - Diversification of your CSA and the CSA model.
- Legalities for CSA farms: Liability, employment and taxes.
- Strategies for Sustainable Growth of your CSA: Rightsizing your CSA farm.
Hope to see some of you there!